1957 Chevrolet Body Styles – The 1956 and 1955 Chevrolet’s were close in styling but the 1957 was different and looked much better. What was so different? The anodized aluminum rear quarter panel trim and grille insert was completely different. Plus the side trim was more appealing.
1956 Chevrolet Two-Ten models had a a long trim piece sloping full length from the front fender to rear of the quarter panel. At the beltline dip it split into a “Y” or “wedge” that ended up at the rear of the quarter panel. On two-tone ’57 Chevy Two-Tens the wedge was painted to match the roof color.
1956 Chevrolet One-Fifty models only had a short vertical slash molding at the beltline dip, meeting a short length horizontal stainless trim running straight back about half way up quarter panel.
1957 was the last year for Bel Air Nomad as a specialty station wagon and over 6,000 were produced by Chevrolet. The name Nomad would be transferred to the top of the line as a 1958 Chevrolet station Wagon. The 1956 Chevy Bel Air Townsman Station Wagons were back and over 27,000 were made. The Two-Ten series wagons were called the Beauville and Townsman. A Two-Ten and One-Fifty Handyman was also made by Chevy along with the 150 2 Door Utility Sedan.
1957 Chevrolet Body Styles
’57 Chevy For Sale
1957 Chevrolet Body Styles – Bel-Air Series Body Styles and Production Totals
- Bel Air Convertible (47,562)
- Bel Air Sport Sedan 4 Door Hard Top (137,672)
- Bel Air Sport Coupe 2 Door Hard Top (166,426)
- Bel Air 4 Door Sedan (254,331)
- Bel Air 2 Door Sedan (62,751)
- Bel Air Townsman 4 Door Station Wagon (27,375)
- Bel Air Nomad 2 Door Station Wagon (6,103)
1957 Chevrolet Body Styles – Two-Ten Series Body Styles and production Totals
- Two-Ten Sport Sedan 4 Door Hard Top (Production – 16,178)
- Two-Ten Sport Coupe 2 Door Hard Top (22,631)
- Two-Ten 4 Door Sedan (260, 401)
- Two-Ten 2 Door Sedan (162,090)
- Two-Ten 2 Door Delray Club Coupe (25,644)
- Two-Ten Beauville 4 Door Station Wagon (21,083)
- Two-Ten Townsman 4 Door Station Wagon (127,803)
- Two-Ten Handyman 2 Door Station Wagon (17,528)
1957 Chevrolet Body Styles – One-Fifty Series Body Styles and Production Totals
- One-Fifty 4 Door Sedan (Production 52,266)
- One-Fifty 2 Door Sedan (70,774)
- One-Fifty 2 Door Utility Sedan (8,300)
- One-Fifty Handyman 2 Door Station Wagon (14,740)
Hard to Find 1957 Chevy Parts For Sale